Permanent Land Buyer opportunity
My client is a developer based in Lancashire who are looking to make the permanent appointment of a Land Buyer. This is to increase their development pipeline and current land portfolio by at least 1500 units over the next 2 - 3 years for renovation and new build opportunities for Residential schemes. My client predominantly operates in the North West however, their Student Accommodation developments are across the UK.
Your new role
You will work closely with the development/planning team in order to ensure that maximum contribution is achieved from all land purchases. Sites may be both Brown and Greenfield, but as a business they prefer to focus on city developments for residential and student accommodation.
- Identify suitable acquisition for immediate and long term land opportunities, ideally seeking off market sites through proactive sourcing on the most cost effective basis.
- Undertake market viability assessments of rental and capital values
- Assist in Development appraisals
- Establish planning and technical constraints relating to the site
- Assessing the local residential market, build costs, abnormal costs, technical constraints and planning gain contributions, leading to a formal valuation and offer to a landowner.
- Negotiate land purchase and progress through legal process.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have to be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in land acquisition in aspects of the immediate and strategic land acquisition process for residential development.
- Tenacity and drive to identify opportunities and approach directly would be critical.
- MRICS would be desirable but is not an essential requirement
What you'll get in return
A flexible role that offers a wide range of variety, giving you the freedom to establish yourself and maximise your own experience by having involvement in all aspects of the company's work.
- £30,000 - £40,000 + company car/allowance
- Good benefits package with a holiday allowance that increases with service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.