Building Control Business Manager
Permanent Building Control Business Manager position in West Cumbria
I am delighted to be recruiting on behalf of an organisation based in West Cumbria who are looking for an inspirational and self-motivated leader to strategically manage their Building Control team.
My client is looking for an experienced, commercially minded individual who can drive the Building Control service forward with an external facing customer focus and an eye for developing new markets.
The main purpose of this role is to take lead on generating income for the service and creating more business. You will be required to organise a "Dangerous structures and building emergency" call-out cascade system as well as leading the Building Control team. Responsibilities include:
- Consistently driving towards achieving the highest possible share of the building control market.
- Ensuring dangerous buildings and structures are made safe, this is to include mines & quarries.
- Lead an efficient and effective building control service according to the business plan, constantly developing new markets for the service.
- Lead and manage the team including setting team targets and monitoring their performance, managing the HR aspect such as recruitment, annual leave and expenses management.
- To conduct all duties with regards to the organisations employment standards, procedures and practices including for example, Health and Safety and Risk Management.
- Manage the business and marketing opportunities in order to increase income, managing the development of the service into a profit making company with an entrepreneurial and imaginative attitude.
To be considered for this position, you must have previous experience in a similar role and have the ability to manage and drive the Building Control Service forward into a profitable business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.