Mechanical Contracts Manager / Estimator
Mechanical Contracts Manager / Estimator - Northampton - £40k + Car + fuel card +28 days holiday + pension
Your new company
A small mechanical building services contractor based in Northampton who turn over roughly £2million. They work on a variety of new build and refurbishment projects for domestic housing, large residential/flats, school refurbishments/extensions and office blocks.
They are looking for an all-round contracts manager to join their team
Your new role
They are looking for a Mechanical Contracts Manager who is capable of taking projects from initial concept to final handover delivering them on time and within budget. The successful candidate must be able to estimate/tender for projects as well as develop leads and secure future projects.
You will be required to procure labour/materials, manage health and safety, manage direct/sub contract labour. Project values will range from £100,000 - 300,000 and will cover a variety of industry sectors from domestic housing, large residential/flats, school refurbishments/extensions and office blocks.
The position requires a 40 hour working week where overtime will be required occasionally to meet deadlines.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services (desirable)
- Track record of delivering mechanical projects from concept to completion
- Have worked on projects with values of at least £300k
- MUST be able to estimate for projects
- Able to procure and manage direct and sub contract labour
- Experience procuring materials
- Design experience desirable but not essential
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Able to manage health and safety on site
- CSCS card
What you'll get in return
- Salary £40,000
- Company Car
- Fuel card personal and business mileage
- Statutory pension
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.