Due to planned expansion and increase in workload, a vacancy exists for a Mechanical Associate to work alongs
An outstanding opportunity to work for a busy building services consultancy in North Kent. Due to planned expansion and increase in workload, a vacancy exists for a Mechanical Associate to work alongside the Mechanical Partner.
This position could lead to promotion for the right candidate upon demonstration of abilities and the opportunity to become an integral part of the companies success.
You will become involved in a variety of projects from mechanical design, acquisition and dilapidation surveys and project management. Their project base is varied and you will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide range of projects. You will deal directly with clients and attend meetings on behalf of the company.
Projects will range from design work on £10m plus new builds and refurbishments to acquisition surveys, feasibility studies, project management, life cycle engineering and value engineering.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Chartered Engineer and Degree in Building Services Engineering [or equivalent experience]
* Membership of appropriate body e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE etc
* Demonstrable CPD record
* In-depth experience in the survey, design and implementation of mechanical and electrical building services schemes and installations
* Demonstrable experience of working on a variety of type and size of project across all business sectors and the provision of various duties.
* Experience of energy conservation, sustainability and renewable technologies
* Interpretation of customer requirements and preparation of concept and detail design drawings and calculations to meet the needs of both internal and external clients
* Comprehensive knowledge and application of regulations, legislation, codes of practice and current design standards applicable to mechanical building services installations
* Demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of major projects with a high technical content.
* Preferable experience gained when employed by major consultancies of a multi-disciplinary nature.
* Preferable considerable term of experience gained in the local marketplace.
* Experience of working with key architects and other design team professionals.
* Working knowledge of CDM Regulations and requirements on designers
These services will include all aspects of an M&E technical consultant role:
* Feasibility and viability assessments
* Conceptual and detailed design, carrying out calculations
* Contribute to project implementation and estimation resource requirements
* Report writing to a variety of clients
* Internal project management
* Cost and finance control and budget cost estimation
* Resource prediction, control and management
* Site installation and commissioning supervision
* Meeting attendance and chairing (both internal and external)
* Business development via good customer relations
* Interviewing of potential new employees and mentoring of junior employees
* Checking and approving the work of junior employees, managing the workload and project delivery of junior staff
* Quality control and document management in line with Company policies and schemes
* Demonstrate an innovative approach to design
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.