Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Top 20 Global Design firm looking to recruit Mechanical Design Engineer's to join their London/Surrey offices
A Global design, engineering and project management consultancy are looking to significantly strengthen their Design and Engineering Practice in Surrey or London. The Building Services Practice is part of a multi-disciplinary division that is trusted to deliver some of the industry's most challenging and time critical engineering projects including the design of:
- Venues for the London 2012 Olympic Games including legacy transformation
- King Abdul Aziz International Airport
- Bahrain World Trade Centre
- Birmingham New Street Station
- Dubai Metro
- Farringdon Station
- Hull CCTV Surveillance System
- London Heathrow, Gatwick and City airports
- North London Rail Infrastructure
Their design & engineering business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Nuclear, Education and Rail.
PLEASE NOTE : THESE POSITIONS ARE OPEN TO ENGINEERS LOOKING TO RELOCATE FROM LOCATIONS ACROSS THE UK.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work within an internationally renowned consultant, working on large scale multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. Requirements
- Minimum BEng or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Chartered Engineer or working towards with Membership of IET or CIBSE
- Substantial amount of experience working in a design consultancy
- experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- High level of technical skill in Mechanical Building Services is essential
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, Amtech, Relux, Dialux NES and Microsoft packages
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Able to see wider picture outside own discipline in projects is essential
- Financial awareness useful but ability to develop this skill is required
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language
- Able to innovate new solutions as well as applying existing solutions to problems
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential - Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
The Practice support flexible working and equal opportunities as they believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed their customers' expectations.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly