Capital Project Manager
Property Services Department, Kidlington
Capital Project Manager
Progression based on performance
Thames Valley Police is the largest non-metropolitan force in England and Wales and has a substantial portfolio spread across the three counties of Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. The Force polices a wide variety of locations, including major towns and cities, such as Oxford, Reading and Milton Keynes, as well as extensive rural communities and a number of thriving market towns.
The Force has a substantial and diverse property portfolio of some 1.2 million sq. ft. comprising of a variety of property types, including residential accommodation, police stations, training facilities, motorway posts, radio masts and aerials, industrial/warehouse accommodation and various specialist facilities.
- Perform the role of the client side Project Manager with responsibility for the development and delivery of a wide range of construction projects from the initial development of a detailed project brief with the internal client, through the construction phase to practical completion, the final account and dealing with post occupation issues. Project will typically be in the range of £100k - £3m.
- Where required, appoint and project manage external design teams as well as internal project staff including the management of risk, design development and change, conflicting client priorities, cost control, contractual issues.
- On less complex projects prepare, specify, and produce design details and then tender and project manage projects on site. This includes the management of specialist external consultants if and when required
- Capable of delivering complex projects within occupied buildings and maintaining functionality by managing and minimising disruption to users.
- Experience of being the senior Project Manager responsible for the delivery of significant number of projects of varying sizes and complexity at any one time and therefore multi-task effectively and deal with a numerous problems/issues at any point in time
- Experience of managing complex technical liaison between client, consultant and contractors.
- Educated to degree level with full membership of a professional body of comparable standing to the MRICS, MCIOB, RIBA, or CIBSE.
- Demonstrates the ability to design and manage in a diverse range of construction projects including new builds and refurbishments.
The individual appointed will need to be vetted to enhanced level due to the nature of the work they will be expected to undertake. The individual will also be expected to work on sites across Thames Valley Police and deal with some regional work across the South East region.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 (internal 301 6500) quoting reference 13570.
To apply, please click here
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 27th August 2017.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities. To enable us to truly reflect the communities we serve, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. You will need a wide range of skills and experiences which will enhance the services we deliver to the public including an understanding of cultural issues. If this is you, we want you to apply to join us.
We will consider applications from flexible workers and look for job share opportunities where possible.