Planning and Scheme Development Officer
- Full Time
Planning and Scheme Development Officer - Manchester
Your new company
A leading provider of Design & Management across the UK are currently experiencing a period of growth.
Your new role
- Support the delivery of Major Road Network (MRN) Programme aligned to the wider Strategic Transport Plan (STP)
- Support inputs to the STP and MRN and its successor Strategies and to the Business Plan.
- Coordinate the MRN work-stream programme team
- Manage and establish positive and effective relationships with stakeholders
- Maintain interface with other functions and key personnel
- Manage intelligence on UK MRN related developments and trends
- Ensure you comply with all applicable organisational legislation and policy
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience in major highways and/or transportation programme development and delivery
- Previous experience of working in partnership with the Department for Transport, Highways England, Network Rail and other national agencies
- Previous experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex projects and work plans, and to meet key objectives
- Previous experience of successful transport strategy and policy development and implementation
- Knowledge of transport strategy, transportation planning and traffic/highway engineering
- Experience of managing budgets and effectively applying key commercial, business and other management processes
- Experience of working in an active policy development environment involving regular contact with senior elected members and / or board level private-sector executives
- Experience of analysing information and evidence and making recommendations
- Able to determine the most appropriate public transport solution for the specific locality
- Experience of developing strategies for continuous improvement and of project performance measurement
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary 25 days Holiday + bank holidays, Childcare Voucher Scheme Bike to Work Scheme, Company Pension Scheme Share Ownership (subject to status), Life Assurance Holiday Accommodation (subject to availability)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.