Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor required for leading Tier 1 contractor based in Huntingdon paying up to £60,000 + ben
Your new company
You will be working for one of the UK's leading Tier 1 contractor that has a fantastic reputation in the industry and has picked up a number of long term contracts within the Cambridgeshire region. Working on a contract of circa £60m they are looking to strengthen their Huntingdon team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Your new role
You will be working in a commercial team of around 10 strong reporting into the Managing Quantity Surveyor delivering target cost schemes our of their Huntingdon office.
Job duties will include:
- Work with the operations team to prepare clear and accurate quarterly forecasts for the target cost schemes
- Identifying discrepancies or ambiguities in the Works Information at the earliest opportunity and discuss with the designers and/or Client
- Promoting company policies and delivering accurate cost submissions
- Visiting sites and carrying out measures when necessary
- Risk and opportunity management
- Financial monitoring and reporting
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will have an HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject as well as demonstrable experience within highway maintenance and civil engineering. Good knowledge of the NEC suit of contracts is a must and you should have knowledge of planning software, preferably Asta. You may also be a Quantity Surveyor who is looking for their next move up into a Senior Quantity Surveyor role.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a basic salary of up to £60,000 depending on experience as well as a competitive benefits package. This is a fantastic job opportunity to join a company with a fantastic reputation and develop your career as a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Sharla Swinbourne now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.