Intermediate M&E Quantity Surveyor
Assistant / Intermediate M&E Quantity Surveyor required for leading Consultancy
A top 10 global Cost and Project Management Consultancy, providing services to commercial and public sector clients have a job opening for an Intermediate M&E Quantity Surveyor.
They currently employ over 950 staff operating from 50 offices worldwide, with the UK head office in South London and 12 regional offices throughout the UK. They has been involved with some of the largest and highest profile construction projects in the world; in the UK these include the £450 million Greenwich Millennium Village, the O2 Arena, Watermark Place office development, Neo Bankside residential development and Wakefield town centre retail development.
Their size provides the supportive infrastructure and opportunities of a large practice, while retaining the open, friendly and sociable culture of a much smaller one. They provide staff with a creative, forward-thinking and energetic environment and in turn we provide a first class service to their clients.
Services to Clients include:
- Cost Management
- Project Management
- Programme Management
- Facilities Management Consultancy
- CDMC / Health & Safety Consultancy
- Health Consulting & Capital Projects
The key purpose of the role is to provide of all aspects of Private Quantity Surveying M&E services and to act as the Client Representative, throughout the design, tender process, bid analysis, design-review management, project and cost management, through to completion with an emphasis on commercial management. You will have the ability to deliver complex projects, ranging between £5m and £50m+. You will be able to take responsibility for a number of projects, acting as the sole contact with each client. All under the supervision of a Director.
Qualifications & Membership
- Mechanical or Electrical building-services professional
- Quantity Surveyor with a degree or similar qualification
- RICS or CIBSE accredited (preferable)
- HNC/D in relevant mechanical or electric field (preferable)
- Consultancy background
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Up to 5 years' experience in either the private quantity surveying or contracting fields, with a Mechanical Services background.
- Pre and post contract services experience
- Experience of new build and refurbishment
- Feasibility studies
- Cost planning and managing a design to budget experience on projects without supervision.
- Tendering / procurement procedures for all types of contracts services up to final account
- Claims and capital allowances (preferable)
- Ability to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery, with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work within a team / project team
- Recognised management and technical ability
- Proactive and able to use own initiative, networking and influencing skills
- Good level of operational skills
- Good written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills (internal & external)
- Excellent representative of the Practice with a professional and diligent manner
- IT literate (to include MS Office, technical packages)
- Willing to undertake business development activities and to promote the Company, as required
- Recognises the need for change and is willing to work in other areas and be flexible in working arrangements.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.
We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV