Senior Mechanical Estimator
Mechanical Estimator required for High-end Main Contractor (Projects across London and South East)
Operating for almost 15 years, my Client operates exclusively in the Super Prime Residential sector and provides Construction Management expertise with an internal M&E Department. They are now looking to strengthen their Estimating department by hiring a experienced Mechanical Estimator.
The Business has considerable expertise in significant and substantial structural works including basements, retained facades and major alterations to load bearing structural features. They also have strong expertise in integrating old and new, by harmonising complex M&E and audio visual service installations sympathetically within the fine finishes of prestige properties. Project values range from £5 - £50 million. Assignments include luxury construction projects in Chelsea, Belgravia, Mayfair, Knightsbridge and Kensington - super-prime locations that set the international standard in high-end residential excellence.
The established in-house M&E business consists of M&E Managers, M&E Estimators, M&E Foreman, all supported by an in-house M&E CAD Department. As Mechanical Estimator you will be able to carry out the following tasks:
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Meeting with Client and Consultants
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Measuring and take offs for materials and labour
- Working knowledge of SEC Cypher, Estimating package or similar (not essential but would be preferred)
- Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between 1 and 3 weeks
- Able to tender between 1 and 3 projects at any time period
- Present tender return sheet to our Mechanical Department for combined issue
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Produce Value Engineering solutions
- Understand and scrutinise Sub-Contractor quotations
- Good working relationship with an already friendly team
- BTEC ONC - Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
Ideally you will come from an M&E Design and Build background. The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects. You will have held a similar Estimating position with an M&E Contractor.
The successful applicant will ideally come from a M&E Sub-contracting background. You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications. For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV [mailto:] .