Chartered Building Surveyor
Client-side Building Surveyor
£50,000 - £60,000 + package
Capstone have been retained to recruit exclusively on behalf of an impressive commercial and residential real estate investor. They are looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their in-house team. You'll be expected to provide a full range of building surveying and project management services. This includes maintaining their existing portfolio (currently valued at £1.35bn), meanwhile analysing development opportunities; working-closely with and providing investment advice to the board.
About the role:
- Project management of a range of refurbishments, and new build projects.
- Supervision of major plant replacements with projects ranging in value up to around £2m.
- Directing, approving and managing schemes for the external works and common parts refurbishments in blocks.
- The management of external consultants and managing agents in considering and approving "Licences to Alter" for flats in owned blocks.
- The management of the fire insurance of the portfolio, ensuring that all properties are insured and have the correct up to date values.
- Overseeing the insurance claims process and encouraging managing agents to introduce maintenance policies to make sure that claims are minimised.
- Liaising with tenants, managing agents, and contractors to manage and resolve building problems.
The successful candidate should be MRICS qualified, hard-working and driven. You should have experience managing a range of external refurbishment projects, meanwhile directing other building specialists. You should have versatile organisational skills, coupled with the ability to work under pressure, both as part of a team and autonomously.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker on 0203 757 5000/ 07494 368 453, or email email@example.com