Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
The Football Foundation is the country's largest sports charity. It funds the improvement of public sports facilities across the country – especially grassroots football facilities - with investment provided by the Premier League, The FA and the Government. Since it was launched in 2000, the Foundation has awarded around 15,000 grants worth £580m towards improving grassroots sport, which it has used to attract additional partnership funding of just under £800m – over £1.4bn of investment into the grassroots game.
Technical Project Managers are responsible for the scrutiny of the technical/construction aspects of capital grant applications and ensure the successful completion of new and improved sports facilities. The role works in collaboration with partner organisations to provide professional advice and guidance to applicants to assist with the development of capital projects, both at grass-roots level and within the Football League and National League system. The post holder will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects within a geographical region, with a particular emphasis on ensuring that the design, procurement and delivery of capital projects meet relevant requirements whilst safeguarding the Foundation’s investment.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right expert to join a team of diversely talented Technical Project Managers within the Grant Management Team at the Foundation.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Relevant degree and professional qualification in surveying, engineering or architecture (RICS, CIOB, RIBA or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles and methodology and the ability to apply these in practice
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills including report writing and negotiation skills developed to a high standard
- Able to provide excellent customer service to applicants with a variable degree of technical knowledge
- Experience in a relevant construction related role, including analysis of drawings, specifications and related documentation, ideally for sports or leisure projects
- An understanding of procurement routes and checking compliance with design criteria
- An understanding of sports development or funding agency experience would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be assigned a role with regional coverage, so homeworking will be a key element, unless London based.
This is an exciting opportunity within the Football Foundation to make a real difference to grassroots football. For more information on this vacancy, please view the role profile at http://www.footballfoundation.org.uk/about-us/jobs.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (one-page of A4) stating why you think you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com. To help us track the success of our recruitment campaign, please also state in your covering letter where you saw the role advertised.
We encourage all applicants to complete the automated equality and diversity monitoring form which is available on our website. This confidential form helps the Football Foundation build up a picture of who is applying to join the organisation.
The closing date for applications is 11:59 on Sunday, 13 August 2017.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 21 August 2017.
* Appointments are generally at the stated minimum but will depend on qualifications and experience specific to the role requirements
The Football Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.