Assistant Quality Control Manager
Opportunity for a quality control professional or a site manager looking for a new direction in building.
Your new company
We are currently working closely with a building contractor at the Hinkley Point C power station project, who are building a number of modular accommodation blocks. The company is a recognised market leader and part of a global business turning over in the region of £400m per year. They have a reputation for delivering projects to tight quality and programme parameters and have an order book at Hinkley extending well into 2018.
Your new role
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Quality Control Manager are:
- Timely preparation and submittal of 'Inspection & Test Plans' in accordance with the client's contract brief within the 'Works Information Pack'
- Oversight of Sub-Contractor's Inspection Test Plans for content and conformance
- Preparation and distribution of inspection record sheets
- Collation of inspection record sheets and supporting photographic evidence
- Ensure all inspection record files and photographs submitted
- Undertake QA inspections of modular buildings during the Installation and Fit Out build programmes
- Raise quality concerns to QA manager for appropriate action
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports
- Report design irregularities which may lead to QA failures
- Attend QA meetings with client QA Lead and weekly progress meetings with client as required
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with Quality Management Procedures (QMP)
- Undertake regular internal audits of QA systems and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good working knowledge of the 'Built Environment'
- Worked as supervisor or line manager in a modular factory (Or possibly traditional build site)
- Possibly commenced career as a tradesman but shown consistent career progression
- Qualified to HNC/HND in a construction related subject
- Keen to work towards professional qualification such as Assoc.RICS, ICWCI or ACIOB
- Must have CSCS card at appropriate level
- Good awareness of H & S with ability to work safely as lone worker
- Good IT skills -MS Suite competence
What you'll get in return
In return, our client are offering up to £200 per day and the opportunity of long-term freelance employment at the UK's most prestigious energy infrastructure projects. You will also receive support and direction from an established quality management team focused on providing clients with the highest quality of product possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.