Senior Bridge Technician
Senior Bridge Technician, BIM, drawings
Your new company
This is a fantastic time to join. They are looking to recruit a Senior Bridge Technician to work on a wide variety of high-profile projects. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, they are able to offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
Your new role
- Road over rail bridges, rail over road bridges and footbridges
- Bridge reconstruction schemes (including setting out of the new bridge deck, drawing all constituent elements in a level 2 BIM format (beams, cill units, parapets, waterproofing details, etc.))
- Bridge refurbishment schemes (steelwork strengthening / repairs, concrete over-slabs / under-rings)
- Preparing x-refs and the compiling of detailed scheme models based on those x-refs
- Working in and preparing 2D surveys and drawings
- Working in and preparing 3D surveys and drawings
- Steelwork detailing (to British Standards and Eurocodes)
- Reinforced concrete detailing (to British Standards and Eurocodes)
- Bentley software (e.g. Microstation)
- Guiding junior technicians
- Lead the production and issue of detailed bridge scheme drawings
What you'll need to succeed
Working knowledge of the following materials / types of scheme and skills:
- Network Rail infrastructure
- Platform refurbishment or new-build schemes
- Masonry detailing
- Pre-stressed concrete detailing
- Drainage and waterproofing detailing
- AutoCAD software
- Building schemes (steel frames, composite steel and concrete construction)
- Use of collaborative sharing sites including Projectwise
What you'll get in return
A rewarding pay package and bonus scheme. Excellent prospects and the opportunity to be seconded around the world.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.