Refrigeration Engineer required to work an executive agency for the Department of Health
Your new company
You will be working for an executive agency of the Department of Health in the UK, that brings together health specialists from over 70 different organisations into one single public health service. They are responsible for making the public healthier, protecting the nation from public health hazards and preparing for and responding to public health emergencies. The company has been established since 2013, and has different centres covering the North, South, Midlands and East of England.
Your new role
You will be placed under the direction of the Multi-Skilled Engineering Supervisor, in order to carry out maintenance functions to provide mechanical & electrical support on refrigeration equipment of all types. This will include -20 and -80 freezers, cold rooms, air cooled water chillers and air conditioning units. You will be required to ensure that GMP manufacturing equipment is maintained to suit its intended purpose and to participate in AP structure and on call rotas.
Principle responsibilities will include:
- ensuring all Planned Preventative Maintenance is completed on time
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all electrical and mechanical systems. There will be a requirement to gain approval as an Approved Person Pressure Systems and confined spaces and partake in AP duties.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification/ documentation is supplied.
- Isolation of defective equipment from power supply, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment.
- Order spares to facilitate the timely repair of on site equipment
- Control of good housekeeping and good working practices
- Provide assistance to third parties as and when required
- Assistance on other areas of the site can be expected
- Taking an active part in the on call system, which may require the applicant to become an authorised person (Electrical, Confined Space or Pressure Systems)
- Ensure full compliance of the companies Safety Rules and apply good engineering and safety practices
- Complete on site risk assessment to support maintenance activities
- Complete paperwork for allocated work orders from receipt to completion
- Willing to work in secure and sensitive environment on an exclusively manned site
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- City and Guilds 2079 Safe handling of refrigerants, F-gas certificate or equivalent
- Ideally Level 2/3 City and Guilds 6127 technical certificate in commercial refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Ideally Level 2/3 NVQ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning ( service and maintenance)
- Experience: Electrical and system fault finding experience, ideally experience of working on cascade/ ultra low temperature refrigeration
Other factors include:
- To work reasonable overtime as and when required
- Requires participation in an on-call roster. The frequency of this rota may change with reasonable notice being given to the employee
- Smart, presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Literate and numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive 25 days annual leave and on call allowance of £30 per day, £60 Bank Holiday if applicable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Refrigeration Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly