Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer required for national consultancy - to be based in their Kent office.
Due to a significant increase in workload, my Client is looking for talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for their West Kent offices.
The workload is varied across both the public and private sector and will include projects in the area of energy reduction. You will have a good M&E knowledge and understanding of mechanical services including ventilation, heating and cooling services, hot and cold water services, drainage and site safety.
They continue their success across all sectors (primarily healthcare) and have found that due to their sensitive appreciation of services in historic and listed status buildings they now have a large portfolio of commissions in this niche market. They have also developed a strong involvement in healthcare services and have many related projects across the UK.
They have a very low turnover of staff with many having celebrated 25 or 30 years employment.
Reporting into the Partners, you will design, manage and supervise projects, designated by the Directors. You will assume role of design team leader as required, coordinating with other engineering disciplines. As Project Leader, you will assist the Partners with delivery of projects, with effective use of assisting engineers as necessary, maintaining technical quality, professionalism, completing all design activities to programme.
- Carry out design calculations using company standard design software
- Prepare design for allocated projects including drawings and specifications
- Carry out site surveys and reports, including: Acquisition surveys; Schedules of dilapidations; Record drawings; Plant condition; Energy.
- Carry out site supervision including meetings and inspections
- Attend meetings and play a proactive part, keep minutes/notes for external and internal use
- Liaise with contractors on approvals and queries
- Liaise with CAD Manager/Staff to ensure project requirements are met
- Project manage allocated projects
- Manage own time spent on projects to meet deadlines and budgets
- Keep up-to-date with latest industry thinking.
- Design quality and errors
- Complete work in time frame and within budget
- Project documentation (specifications and drawings)
- Adding time to web time sheet entry on weekly basis
- Producing expenses on a monthly basis
- Identify additional duties to internal project manager
- Your own training and development.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction.
Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
For a private and confidential discussion please contact Aadil Cockar on 020 8464 6678 or email your CV
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly