Assistant Mechanical Design Engineer
A modern progressive multi disciplined construction consultancy are looking to recruit a Assistant Mechanical Engineer capable of working within a demanding environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary consultancy's. you will be working on some of the UK's leading projects and will have the backing of an organisation who will invest in your career development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support Senior Engineers in the design and delivery of projects.
- Interpret client's requirements and statutory obligations and design the building services wherever appropriate and maintain a well-documented project, including calculation files and project correspondence.
- To maintain and produce designs which comply with the relevant regulations, company procedures and company standards.
- Actively participate in co-ordinating with other design team members as part of a multi-skilled team (both internally and externally).
- To prepare detailed specifications, drawings and schedules etc for all mechanical services to provide clear, comprehensive contract information that fully conveys the design requirements.
- Ensure that design work is checked by Senior Engineers prior to issue.
- To carry out site surveys and conduct commissioning and testing where appropriate.
- Pass design knowledge to colleagues and support more junior colleagues in their training.
- To assist in the preparation of budget estimates, cost planning and tendering procedures and contract arrangements.
- Attendance at various project/technical meetings and the taking, preparation and distribution of Minutes (if required to support Senior Engineers when acting as lead consultant)
- Day to day management and execution of project work.
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Associate Membership of IET or CIBSE and/or depth and breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Attending Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPD's, in order to achieve the required recommended hours per year CPD.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading construction and property consultancy, operating across the full property life cycle; you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the leading projects in the UK.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website. We also welcome speculative applications.
Apply for Assistant Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly