Develop, deliver, monitor and continually improveme complex capital programmes – and deliver to the required quality, timescale and cost, in accordance with internal and client policies and procedures and wider legislation and best practice.
Be responsible for the identification and management of programme level risk and opportunity in relation to the client’s capital programme delivery and provide advice, reports and guidance to senior stakeholders in relation to these.
Could you fulfil this role?
- To be responsible for the coordination and delivery of complex programmes of work. To lead the monitoring of capital programmes; identifying any programme and project risks or opportunities, particularly with reference to time, quality and budget; suggesting mitigation for such risks; identifying action required to correct any project slippage. Responsible for monitoring overall budgets as necessary.
- To lead, develop and manage effective performance and project management arrangements across the capital programmes to ensure these meet the strategic objectives of customers. Ensure that project benefits are delivered as planned within a programme of work. Work alongside the Business Development Manager to grow the business and evidence delivery of services to key Clients.
- To lead with any procurement, market testing, and benchmarking exercises connected with the Capital programme. To ensure all contractual documentation is correct and meets the Client’s standards. To establish links between the company and its clients to identify how it may assist in delivering wider client objectives, together with other client initiatives.
- To liaise at a senior level with key stakeholders through the relevant approvals process, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities exist and that projects are progressed in line with affordability requirements and overall programme timescales. To lead in the development of the Business Case(s), as required during the feasibility and procurement documentation to ensure timely input from all relevant stakeholder parties.
- To oversee provision of Project and Programme updates to Programme Boards; Project Boards; Project Teams; and client assurance/governance committees as necessary for the development and progress of the overall capital programme. To ensure that reports are timely to obtain the required approvals. To present to and implement decisions made by Boards and Committees as appropriate in respect of the capital programme. Interpret and analyse the effects of legislation and industry policy development in order to advise senior officers on how this will affect programme development and any actions which may need to be undertaken as a result.
- As required, represent the company and other customers in negotiations to maintain progress to achieve project timescales. To lead the work with stakeholders, consultants, bidding partners and clients to ensure that all parties are satisfied that the design and construction method meets the client’s requirements and council’s vision and is within time and budget constraints. Represent the company at public events such as giving public presentations, attending openings and exhibitions, to ensure that the company and clients views are taken into account.
- Act as the main point of contact in relation to the programme for both internal and external stakeholders and suppliers, promoting clear and effective communication and ensuring high quality engagement outputs and outcomes are delivered.
- Engender collaborative team working (involving all staff and consultants), promoting ownership, responsibility and mutual understanding of the part each plays in the overall delivery of the capital programme. To actively consider new and innovative ways of doing things, recognising and promoting the positive benefit of change to improve services and achieve goals. Work alongside the Head of Business Management to develop and improve the project management skill base and PM development opportunities and career pathways across the Property operation.
Does this describe your professional achievements? QUALIFICATIONS
- Essential: Educated to degree level in a building related field or equivalent and/or suitable building industry qualification commensurate with the post.
- Desirable: Programme management or advanced project management qualification
- Experience of delivering capital programmes in the education sector.
- Experience of working in a building industry environment in a managerial capacity commensurate with the post.
- Experience of multi-agency working within the building sector in a varied commercial environment
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Able to work on own initiative, taking responsibility for actions and decisions surrounding area of accountability
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver best value results on behalf of client, challenging where appropriate.
- Demonstrate persuasive and sound decision making delivering positive yet sensitive outcomes, knowing when to escalate.
- Excellent organisational ability, providing supportive leadership, innovation and motivation to others. Sound financial and budget management understanding
- Able to use a range of Microsoft or similar packages including Word Excel and Project to an advanced level.
- Demonstrable substantial knowledge of managing major contracts and projects within a construction background, liaising where appropriate with staff at all levels in order to accomplish satisfactory results
- EFA planning and delivery processes
- Sound knowledge of construction methods and processes