Undertake the duties and take responsibility and accountability for the day to day commercial management of the Gen2 ongoing contracts and new business development activities and outcomes to agree deadlines.
This role is a senior position within the Commercial Team providing support to the operational business sector heads and their staff with commissions, contractual queries and cost activity reviews of the core contract with Kent County Council. The post holder will also become the in house specialist advisor for the TFM and Schools PFI contracts that are managed on behalf of the client. The job also plays a pivotal part in supporting the business prepare and submit compelling and robust proposals for new work within the parameters set within the business plan.
Does this describe your professional achievements? QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to degree level in a property related field or equivalent and/or suitable property qualification commensurate with the post and/or significant commercial y experience.
- Experience of working in a property consultancy environment at a level commensurate with the post.
- Experience of a wide range of contracts (eg TFM, PFI, JCT and NCE forms)
- Experience of supporting all commercial activities required to secure successful winning tenders for new consultancy business
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent financial and numerical skills. Sound interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Able to work on own initiative, taking responsibility for actions and decisions surrounding area of accountability.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver best value results on behalf of client, challenging where appropriate
- Demonstrate sound decision making delivering positive yet sensitive outcomes, knowing when to escalate.
- Excellent organisational ability and commercial acumen
- Able to demonstrate an innovative and entrepreneurial approach
- Able to use a range of Microsoft or similar packages including Word, Excel and Project to an advanced level.
- Substantial knowledge of commercial and cost management practices. Including use of industry data and benchmarking indices
- Knowledge of RIBA Project Stages, BIM, Methods of Project Management & Commercial Reviews.
- Knowledge of managing a range of contract forms and varying project types.
- Knowledge of bid tools and techniques to enable new work submissions to be prepared efficiently and effectively
VALUES & BEHAVIOURS
- Acting with integrity, honesty and transparency; healthy attitude to risk; welcoming and expecting change and evolving technology; working in new ways; willing to learn; working as one business and treating people fairly and with respect.
- Working collaboratively and innovatively to find new solutions that put the interests and wellbeing of customers first; open to challenge and actively encouraging and expecting contribution.
- Self-sufficient, taking personal and professional responsibility for our actions; looking for ways to save money; looking for commercial opportunities, focused on outcomes.
Ready for your next big role?
- To manage and deliver commercial support across the business – including reviewing/advising on contract terms and conditions, commercial strategies and reviews, investigation and review of the profitability of business activities, commissions and contract change control.
- Provide support to all staff in helping them with the consideration and resolution of all commercial and contractual issues affecting their individual project commissions as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the notification, management and close out of all PI claims with the insurance brokers appointed by the firm
- Deliver timely and effective commercial input into individual bids for new work including the development, maintenance and revision of appropriate pricing tools, bid templates, risk registers and pricing strategies (in liaison with the Head of Finance.)
- Manage external advisors providing (or undertake as appropriate) the commercial review of all new contracts at bid stage, including the provision of a commercial report on all bids prior to submission. Assist with the resolution of all post-tender commercial queries and contract negotiations with the client.
- In liaison with the Company Secretary, to prepare contract documentation for all new business using a range of contract types as specified by the client, and to ensure these are suitably completed prior to the service commencing. Ensure that the new Contract Manager is fully briefed on all commercial aspects of the tender submission (including the win strategy) and that all commercial arrangements (transfer of work in progress, invoicing arrangements, due diligence etc) are handed over as appropriate.
- Provide the Chief Property Officer and his management team with commercial support advice, reviews and strategies relating to the operation of the three TFM contracts and 6 Schools PFI contracts managed on behalf of Kent County Council. This will include assisting with contract change, pricing and benchmarking reviews, contractual notices and negotiations.
- Support the Head of Commercial to manage, plan and develop the Client Relationship Management practices for KCC and other key clients, within the context of the overall Customer Relationship Strategy and Plan.
Apply for Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly