Design Manager / Technical Manager
A Technical / Design Manager job delivering projects in Central London with a Prime specialist Contractor
Your new company
A niche luxury residential & commercial developer operating across Greater London undertaking developments under the respected company brand. Delivering property with impact from an architectural and aesthetic perspective and a high end specification with a unique emphasis on the overall costs of ownership.
Your new role
- Appoint external consultants, including scoping works and negotiation of fees
- Coordinate with the Commercial, Construction departments and Clients throughout the development/ construction process
- Assist the client in any Sales & Marketing related topics and ensure technically correct information is provided
- Regularly monitor all design information against budgetary allowances and report any variances thereto
- Keep the Directors appraised on all current projects
- Resolve all day to day technical issues as they arise, providing viable solutions where appropriate, liaising with the Directors for approval
- Liaise with the external consultants/ design team for the issue & update of drawings and project information
- Liaison with relevant parties to identify and rectify design issues, both prior to and during the construction programme.
- Active involvement with project specific design issues, proposing practicable and buildable solutions.
- Liaise closely with site based project teams
- Value engineering to develop the best and most practicable construction options available
- Commercial focus, advise on the cost effectiveness of alternative strategies and methods of construction.
- Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements
- Manage design output to agreed programmes and ensure the flow of work is maintained
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a highly motivated and performance focused Technical Project Manager with previous experience of working for a residential developer or contractor. You should have knowledge of key guides and UK regulations and be able to work on a number of projects at a time.
What you'll get in return
You will enjoy the ongoing support of a dedicated knowledgeable team around you, a focused performance driven career path forward and the opportunity to add to your profile and deliver engaging high profile projects. A rapidly expanding company, you will have an opportunity to join at an exciting time and be able to grow and develop with the company and make the role your own.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.