Development Director & Development Manager – Sheffield Housing Company
Sheffield Housing Company is a new partnership established to deliver the housing led regeneration across Sheffield. The project is a 15 year, £300million development programme delivering over 2,000 new homes across multiple sites within Sheffield.
Sheffield Housing Company is a partnership between Sheffield Council, Keepmoat Limited and Great Places Housing Group. Over the next 15 years the Housing Company will transform the local housing market by introducing attractive contemporary designs that will meet the highest quality standards. Planning permission has already been granted for Phase 1 of the project which will see over 300 units built in 3 locations across the city.
On behalf of the Housing Company we are seeking to recruit a Development Director and Development Manager to deliver this exciting project.
The roles of Development Director and Development Manager will be incredibly diverse, challenging and especially ‘hands on’ opportunities. A full and detailed job brief is available however some of the key responsibilities include;
- Prepare and Implement Year on Year Business Plans including the development of Phase Business Cases
- Lead and take responsibility for the attainment of all Key Performance Indicators, Performance Indicators and Targets.
- Take responsibility for Financial Management and report as appropriate to the investing parties as Members of the Company and to the Board of Directors.
- Work proactively with our appointed contractor(s)
- Identify and resolve strategic and significant issues as they arise
- Proactively seek opportunities for development optimisation
- Ensure the Company’s Management, Project and Design Teams are fully resourced and well directed, managed and motivated, with clear guidelines for their own job responsibilities
- Promote and act in accordance with the investing parties values, systems, policies and procedures
- Liaise with providers of finance, contractors, sub contractors, house-builders, local authorities, registered providers etc on land development thereby creating a good network of contacts and awareness of activities within the operating area
- Effectively negotiate all future deals in relation to development agreements, funding agreement, affordable housing agreements etc on behalf of the Company and any amendments to existing documentation
- To engage with the existing local community to deliver the Company’s wider regeneration objectives
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professionally Qualified MRICS/MRTPI etc
- Proven ability in the skills needed to develop a new business and the necessary operational and quality systems, and preferably experience of developing a joint venture between the public and private sectors
- Ability to balance both regeneration and commercial objectives and make well-informed decisions
- Ability to work at Board Level and report/present verbally and in written form
- Ability to manage client and community expectations in relation to project and regeneration delivery
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets
- Ability to promote and market the Sheffield Housing Company
- Ability to present complex technical data in ‘plain english’ at Board level
- Ability to interpret legal documentation and deliver on the company’s contractual obligations
- Ability to maintain and manage project programmes
- Ability to establish and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, design teams and working groups and to encourage and enable joined-up working
- An understanding of structured delivery methodologies and the ability to use these in the successful delivery of projects
- Experience of working in the construction or development industry at a senior management level, preferably with residential and regeneration experience and at a Project Director level.
- Experience of working with NEC forms of Contract
- Experience of leading, managing and developing teams
- Experience of managing consultant appointments and tendering processes
- Experience of managing Public/Private partnerships
- Experience of budget monitoring, spend and control
- Experience of monitoring project compliance against procurement and bid principles and delivery of Performance Targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Experience of working on multi-million pound development projects
- Experience in managing staff to deliver construction ,development and regeneration projects
- Experience of working with Local Authorities and external funding bodies e.g. HCA
- Experience of procurement in the construction industry
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Integrity (personal and professional)
- Strong management of both internal teams and external partners.
- Strong character
- Hands On
- Performance Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
These exciting opportunities offer remuneration to reflect the significance of the project and the challenges it offers.
At Source Recruitment has full exclusivity to work on the Sheffield Housing Company’s behalf. All direct applications will be forwarded to and handled by Mark Noakes, Managing Director At Source Recruitment. Should you have any queries please contact Mark on 0161 941 5693.
To apply, in strictest confidence, please submit your current CV and salary expectations to email@example.com